The Background of this area should be an image. Please use Change Background feature to change background of this area.
(Can be found under DESIGN tab)
McCreary's Manitoba Maple Syrup Festival celebrates by experience the local producers, the culture, the heritage and the land that dominates this region.
The festival takes place this year on April 7th and 8th, 2017 at the foot of the Riding Mountains in McCreary Manitoba.
We are a green festival so we encourage people to bring their own mugs, water bottles and to recycle. A Manitoba Maple Syrup Festival water bottle will be available for purchase on site.
Saturday April 8th McCreary Community Centre
8:00 am – 5 pm Registration desk open at McCreary Community Centre – pick up your festival pass
8:00 am Pancake Breakfast at Linda’s Diner & Agassiz Park Lodge
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Watch the 1980 NFB Documentary Film “Nonoonse Anishinabe Ishichekewin KA Kanawentank” (Filmed on Lake Manitoba near the Ebb’n”Flow Reserve “Nonoonse” is both a clear description of sugar-making and a quiet statement on the importance of the tradition to the Saultaux Indians of the region)
10:00 am – 3:00 pm Maple Festival Market & Crafts at Community Centre
11:00 am – 5:00 pm stop by the MMSF Photo Booth & have Cindy make a fun souvenir photo
1:00 – 3:30 McCreary Agriculture Society Small Animal Display behind Community Centre
10:00 am – 3:00 pm Shuttle leaves Community Centre for events at Golf Club every half hour
10:30 am – 3:30 pm Shuttle leaves Golf Club for events at Community Centre every half hour
All Day - Kids Corner Table
Saturday April 8th Activities at McCreary Golf & Country Club
- Highway #5 Band Listen to the eclectic sounds of this local band 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Caleb Rudkewich stomp your feet to Caleb’s unique blend of old and new sounds at Noon
- Desrosiers “Taffy on Snow” 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Horse & wagon to Bob’s sugar bush - First wagon leaves at 10:00 Last wagon at 3 pm
- Bob’s Sugar bush tours 10:00 am – 4 pm
- Justin’s Bannock on a stick 10:00 am – 4 pm
- 11 am, 1 pm & 2 pm Learn to tap a maple tree with producer Jody
- Roseanna & Frankie Desjarlis (daughter & son-in-law of Nonoonse) will tell their story of traditional tree tapping and sugar making in the Teepee – check in clubhouse for times
- Tour Mount Agassiz: Riding Mountain National Park’s newest day use area with Parks Canada volunteer; enjoy a hot chocolate too. Noon – 3 pm
- 10 am – 3:30 pm
- Scavenger hunt – drop in all day
- Treasure hunt – drop in all day
- ParticipACTION activity stations – drop in all day
Support a local restaurant (open 7 am – 7 pm) and/or Support Local Youth Programs
- 1:00 – 3:30 pm McCreary Travel Club festival coffee house at the golf club
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm 4H Lunch Canteen at the Community Centre
- 5 – 7:00 pm Dead Ox Trailblazers Old Fashioned Country Supper at Community Centre
McCreary Community Centre Saturday 4:00 – 8:00 pm
4 pm Mago the Magician performs his magic & creates balloon forms for young at heart
5 pm Campbell Band playing their own brand of Old Time Dance Tunes for the H & R Dancers at an Old time dance workshop – get active and dance; learn a few steps to old time favourites with Bev & Barb. Then Jigger Down All! The Traditional Métis Dancers will perform their lively steps and they may get you up on the floor too.
Purchase your Manitoba Maple Syrup Festival tickets online now!
A Maple Syrup Festival Individual Pass is valid for one person. Pass includes all festival activities at the McCreary Community Centre & McCreary golf course. Food vendors not included.
A Maple Syrup Family Pass is valid for a Family of 4 people. Pass includes all festival activities at the McCreary Community Centre & McCreary golf course. Food vendors not included.
Reserve your storage unit online:
MANITOBA MAPLE SYRUP FESTIVAL EVENTS